The Inaugural Golden Thimble Award
Focusing on the lifeblood at the heart of Ultra Bespoke™ tailoring, handcraft sewing, the Savile Row Academy is pleased to announce the inaugural Golden Thimble Award.
The award will celebrate handcraft sewing, focusing on the 12 hand sewing skills which are required to make garments in the traditional way. It is a competition to motivate and encourage young, aspiring hand craft sewers who aspire to achieve greatness in the tailoring trade.
"If you can express the skills which are required for hand sewing, it means that you will be able to create beautiful garments," Savile Row Master Tailor and Maurice Sedwell CEO, Andrew Ramroop OBE.
"It's part of Maurice Sedwell Ltd's 80th anniversary to introduce this new Savile Row Academy award. I think it's something which is going to be very good for the future of our industry. I think the winner of this award will possibly achieve greatness in sartorial artistry, becoming a Master Tailor."
The award will offer the winner a full scholarship at the Savile Row Bespoke Academy worth £16,000.
- The Golden Thimble Award is a competition for all 16 to 18 year olds.
- Entry is open to UK citizens only.
- Entry is available to those who aspire to become Tailors. Portfolio presentation of each entrant's design and sewing interest must be up to date.
- The 10 best applicants will be short listed.
- Competition application is open as of 16 July 2018.
- To get an entry pack prospective candidates need to register their interest by emailing Info@savilerowacademy.co.uk